The 2nd SAMPE Benelux bridge building contest was held Ghent University in 2019.
Since years SAMPE chapters worldwide (e.g. France, Switzerland, US) organize bridge design contests between engineering student teams in their chapter. Due to the enthusiastic reactions of all the attending students, SAMPE Benelux offered the second edition to Benelux engineering students for the academic year 2018-2019.
9 teams participated in the event
- TU Delft - Arkadiko Team
- Han Hogeschool - HanBridge Team
- Saxion - SaxyBridge
- KU Leuven - KU Leuven Material Engineering
- LTAM Luxembourg - LTAM Luxembourg
- KU Leuven Brugge - Mind the Gap
- TU Delft - No Bridge Too Far
- Inholland Alkmaar - Pontifics 2.0
- UGent - UGent- Research Group Schoonmeersen
The strongest, lightest and most creative bridge designs were tested on 28nd of March 2019. The winning team, TUDelft Arkadiko, took home €400!